Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ca Temporary License Paper

DIY Coat, Sword and crown

In recent days two years has made a child I know and I planned on doing something special for the birthday party. Last year I made a crown and a scepter like these magic wands. This year in addition to the crown, which is a classic for my birthday, I thought I'd a prince cloak and a sword.
Clearly Topastro saw me sew the cloak and wanted an equal. Not only that, they wanted one for his baby jaguar ...
or turquoise blue cloth had none and for once, instead of using recycled materials, I bought a piece of lining shaved a strip of blue and turquoise fleece. I could use the iridescent blue fabric for the coat, the one I used for the magician's costume and other chores, but I really want to change color!
I had a vampire cape size 2 / 4 years and I used it as a measure Reference to cut the shape of my coat. The color photographs are ugly because they were taken at different times: during the day, at night, with natural and artificial light, and are also mixed: some of the cloak and other Topastro coat for the child who has completed two years.
At the top, one that should be placed around the neck, I created a slide inside which I put a rubber band and a drawstring to secure the mantle. The rubber band is shorter than the slide and then the end result is a wrinkled neck and more or less just for a child of 2 / 3 years. All around the sides and bottom of the mantle Instead I sewed the fabric mesh silver. I cut some strips of fabric by folding inwards the two sides and thus obtaining a kind of tape like the ones that sell in haberdashery.
Let the crown ... I have made several in recent years and almost all have the same model , this time I decided to change! A classic crown with five points. I copied the image on a sheet of paper from the PC monitor and then I cut out and recorded on a piece of rubber mat for gymnastics. I cut the rubber and I laid on the fleece to cut the same shape, just a little bigger. I then sewed the fleece inside with rubber, used to render the rigid crown.
I added velcro that allows you to enlarge or shrink depending on the size of the crown of the head that I should wear and then decorated with the figure 2, a pair of red buttons and some crop tissue, always red. The number 2 gave me a hard time ... I pannolenci cut from yellow to 4 times because I did not like as it came!
Finally, the sword! I had already made some last year, the soul cut from a piece of honeycomb sheet polypropylene fabric and the outer blue and gold. I used the sword Topastro to crop the same shape, I reinforced handle with the other pieces of honeycomb plate secured with hot glue and I played the part of the blade with I set of golden fabric with needle and thread, a few points , not only to move the fabric.
Then I covered with gold network fabric that I sewed for her going around the blade. The handle has required a lot 'of work because I had to sew many pieces and thread the needle in the blue fabric was more difficult than in the mesh fabric. But I am very satisfied with the result! Among other is a costume that can also be used for carnival or at home, play dress up. The sword can also be made with the card, ditto for the crown. And the coat is fine any piece of cloth: an old sheet, colored liner ... Hopefully Topastro should wear his clothes at least once, as I did sewing :-)
For now, he used to just run in front of the mirror to see if the fluttering more his mantle, or that of the jaguar ... He put the crown of his third birthday, baby jaguar has a mass of cardboard and away!
Speaking of princes and princesses, today Mamma Felice has published on its website a few accessories princess!

0 comments:

Post a Comment